Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 1, DONE!

Well my first full day in "The Jing" is done!  What did I do today?  NOTHING!  I am sure some of my friends that know me well find that to be unusual, but I took today to recuperate from the traveling.  I slept in a little...then Terry, my roommate, and I walked down to the morning market where he got some eggplant and tomatoes for lunch.  The market is exactly what I expected....I LOVED it!  They set up their "stands" on the sidewalk just outside of our complex and you peruse and purchase as you see fit.  They have everything from clothing and shoes, to live fish and produce.  While walking around, one of the fish jumped out of the bucket he was in...it was an odd fish.  I am not sure what kind it was.  I hope to take my camera out one day soon and capture some photos of the market to post here.  When we came back in, Terry cooked some type of pork sausage he got from Thailand (his girlfriend lives there)  and "fried" some eggplant and tomatoes, cooked some rice and he also cooked some mu'er.  Mu'er is the fungus/mushroom that I tried last night.  Today, I let him have them all...I didn't need a second taste.  Lunch was good.  After lunch I feel asleep and about 7 pm Terry, and a coach, Jenny and I all went and had Annie's.  Annie's is an italian eatery just down the road.  I had a nice American staple, pepperoni pizza; which might I add was quiet good!  Better than the pizza place back home!  Tomorrow I will have to register with the police as an alien resident and open a bank account...This should be interesting.

(The photo is of mu'er and was taken from google. )

No comments:

Post a Comment