Monday, July 29, 2013

"Kinda" First day...

So today was "kind of" my first day in the office.  Though it was really a meet-and-greet and discussion about the history of the program as well as other "house-keeping" details.  I really don't know how many folks I met today, but all were very pleasant and seemed to be happy to meet me as well.  I have learned that having an ATC come has been a big deal...I just hope that I can meet the expectations.

A sidenote here...being from the south and the country, I grew up listening to the crickets chirp and the birds sing every night...but I must say, the Cicadas here are non-stop!  They chirp/sing or whatever day and night!  I'm not complaining because it almost feels like I am in the country (if I close my eyes and just listen).  Undoubtedly, they are and have been a staple here in China.  So much so that some of the folks here eat them.  While I am interested in experiencing as much of the culture as I can, I just don't know about eating a Cicada.  Look for a post to come with a video just so you can hear how loud they are.

To my Athletic Trainer friends and coaches, WOW!  The facilities here are out of this world for standard American high schools.  After working at Coker College for the past 5 years, these facilities far exceed many of the colleges that we've played.  It is really neat to see the creativity in the facilities as well.  Obviously you can't really have multiple fields spread out among acres and acres of land in a place like Beijing, but what the AD has done here is fantastic.  If you want to know what multi-function is, take a look here.  I have already learned some tricks and "niceties" to take back to the states.    I will take my camera soon and get some shots so that I can further explain.

Well, it has been a long day of trying to remember names, learning new Mandarin and just getting around...Thanks to all of you who follow...If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me...jge0624@gmail.com.

Oh, the photo comes, once again from a google search...not a "Josh original."

No comments:

Post a Comment