Monday, September 9, 2013

Kuala Lumpur

At 1:30 on Monday Morning I boarded a plane set for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.  At 8:00 am I landed.  KL is a beautiful place.  It is very tropical place and while it was in the taxi from the airport to KL, it made me think of my time in St. Thomas.  (I loved that place!)  

It was actually a really good feeling getting here today and being able to navigate in a country I have never been.  Once I got to the city, I went to the hotel, showered, then was off to the Kuala Lumpur Sports Medicine Center.  The reason for my visit to KL was two fold:  to have a short vacation, but mainly to meet with a surgeon who created a new technique in the Orthopedic field.  I wanted to meet him and his physiotherapy staff to see how the rehab goes with this technique.  (Have I mentioned how blessed I am at the opportunities that I have been given?  Well, I am BLESSED beyond belief!)  This surgeon is a pioneer in his field-he came up with a procedure that are just now going through the FDA approval process in America.  

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update before bed.  I will be spending tomorrow at the clinic again.  Then Wednesday, is the day for sight-seeing.  More on KL later.  (And I promise photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment