Sunday, August 25, 2013

As promised a few of my favorite things, Beijing Edition...

Edition 1 of My favorite things, Beijing Edition...

The Great Wall....of Course
 Having no idea what you are going to find at the supermarket..
 Koi ponds...This one is in the middle of the High School Atrium...
 Chinese Culture on campus...This is the gate to the bridge that connects the High School to the rest of the campus...
 This stands guard at the gate mentioned above...
 (Disregard my finger in the top of the photo) This is the Bridge after the gate and statue spoken of earlier...(Donated by the creator of Inspector Gadget and the Carebears!)
 I need to do more research on this bell, but this was cast from the same mold as one of the most famous bells in Chinese history...more to come on that...
 Waterfalls...this is in front of the middle school...
 Random odd flowers...I see these on my way to work daily...

 "Snakes" as I call them...Though they are some type of veggie, but I see them daily and have watched them grow this past month..
 The WAB community and how we all embrace the Chinese culture, rather than create our own international bubble...
 Being somewhere foreign and being reminded of folks back home...
 Or being reminded of folks gone... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment