Saturday, August 24, 2013

My daily commute...In photos! (with a few captions)

Ok, so I lied!  Anyone that really knows me knows I can't not say something!  So before you take this tour with me, know that there are actually two ways to get to the school from my apartment.  Today, you see the back way.  If I go early one morning, I will do the same for the front way, that way you can see some images from the daily morning market.  But I typically take this route...

Going down the stairs in my building.  I live in Mananli 18-7-401 (building 18, 7th door, fourth floor number 401)
 Just outside the door turn right then go straight to that brick wall in front...
 At the brick wall, turn right again to the end of the buildings (or just follow the road)...
 Road turns left, and so do I....
 Left turn again and walk just a short distance past the fence in view there....
 Take a right on the worn pathway...and cross the parking lot at the end...
 Hug the left side of the building in front...then a slight left to the right side of the next building...
 This is the next building, cross under the squash (?) trellis...
 Close-up of the squash(?) trellis
 See that door...
 Yeah, this one...enter through...
 Straight through the courtyard to the gate...
 Right out of the gate and walk under the willows...
 Yes, pass the stinky pond...(but beautiful lotus plants!)
 Just passed the willows, turn right then left into the school grounds...
 Straight through the gate...
 Turn left in between the buildings...
 Then a right down this walkway...
 Until you see this door...
 Enter into the HUB...
 Turn right into our office!
Yay! You made it!  That is what I say to myself everyday when I make it to work!  Obviously, the return trip looks pretty much the same, but backwards.  (Sorry that some pics are blurry, I took them on the iPhone camera while walking...)  The trip takes about 8 minutes...so not that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment